Moving home in later life doesn’t have to be overwhelming.
Wherever you are moving from and to – we can help. We are based in Yorkshire and offer services across the North. We also provide support nationally through The Senior Move Partnership.
Working with a Senior Move Manager can make a later life move a more positive experience. Every client is different – we work at their pace and tackle the issues important to them.
We place great importance on enabling the person moving home to remain in control of their move and the decisions made. Once we have an understanding of the client’s needs we will develop a bespoke plan of support to make the move happen.
Preparing the existing home for the move,
we can help with-
- Supporting you to find a suitable new home
- Making arrangements for the marketing and sale or letting of the current property
- Staging the current property including cleaning, decoration and repairs to help the customer obtain the best possible price
- Preparing inventories of all belongings detailing their destination point (auction, new home, family etc)
- Floor planning – producing detailed plans showing the client’s furniture to help them visualise what will fit in the new home (ensuring a safe living environment)
- Arranging for treasured possessions to be passed to family members
- Helping sort and downsize belongings – we can help with the all aspects of the house, shed, gardens, garage etc. We work one to one at the client’s pace or organise help if items are large and heavy
- Arranging for the sale, donation, disposal or recycling of possessions and furniture no longer required
- Liaison with familiy members, solicitors, estate agents, retirement developer/ care staff as required
- Support to ensure the safe and secure disposal of old financial and personal documents
- Change of address and utility notifications.
To prepare the new home we can help with –
- Supporting clients to purchase new furniture – acting as a shopping escort and arrange for deliveries
- Arrange for curtains, blinds and artwork to be fitted and assembly of any new furniture items
- Arranging for new curtains to be made, organising suppliers to carry out any other tasks that may be required to make the new home ‘their home’ – for example, putting up shelves, fitting book cases.
Settling into the new home, we can –
- Unpack and set up the new home – specialist unpacking throughout as required considering the client’s preferences and needs
- Carry out memory placement tasks in the new home – helping recreate room layouts, displays, storage etc.
- Help orientate to the new area – for example locating social opportunities
- Deal with change of address notifications to friends, utilities, pensions, the council, GP, hospitals, dentists and provide support to change energy suppliers to take advantage of the best rates
- Remove packing materials
- Arrange furniture as per floor plan
- Organise rooms to ensure safe access including hanging curtains and making up beds
- Connect the TV and computer where possible.